Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Officer’s Journey by Eric J. Obmann

The Officer’s Journey by Eric J. Obmann tells us a fantasy that came to life for Captain Lloyd Players, Commander of the 37th Calvary Division of the British Army. In a middle of a battle he suddenly finds himself being pulled into another dimension/ world called Holihand, where the people are fighting someone from the future of Earth’s time. Will Commander Players be able to help them? Will he be able to return to Earth and his own time?
The Officer’s Journey, I felt was a different take on time travel. Captain Players didn’t just time travel, he traveled to a different world, which I thought was interesting. Another thing I liked was the character of Captain Players was true to himself throughout the whole book. He didn’t change who he was in a different world/time.
The one problem I did have was with the second half of the book. I don’t want to give away the ending of the book as it does have merit. I felt the second half went way to fast and could have been more developed.
I know some hard core fantasy readers that would love this story and I will be recommending it to them.

3 bookmarks
Carol Langstroth, Manager and Reviewer
Mind Fog Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment