Thursday, December 2, 2010

RICH AND LOST IN PROSPERIA A Tropical Tale of Market Economics” by Doramas Jorge-Calderon

I don't read many books which seem to fit between the rankings. “Rich and Lost in Prosperia A Tropical Tale of Market Economics” by Doramas Jorge-Calderon happens to sit right between what I would consider a good book and a great read. While I give him credit for genuinely taking a creative and interesting approach to his subject, I feel that the work reads as though the bulk of the creative writing came as an after thought. The choice of character names gave me unwanted pause several times. Still, as an alternative to text books or lectures, Prosperia holds its own. Despite its shortcomings as a work of fiction, I am very glad to have had the chance to read it.
3.5 OF 5
SARA MESSINA

No comments:

Post a Comment